When you feel weak
In the Bible
Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief. Psalm 31:9
1. What areas of your life does grief affect?
There is not an area in my life that grief does not affect. It affects my sleeping, my waking, my children, my health. There is not an escape from grief.
2. In this Psalm, where did David (the author) go for help when he felt weak?
He went to God.
In your life
1. How is grief affecting you physically and emotionally?
I have lost weight. I have no energy. I have no motivation for doing anything - showering, laundry, etc. I am consumed with thinking about Tracy and nothing else.
2. How is grief affecting your relationships with others? I do not have an attention span, I can not concentrate on what others are saying. So I ignore my children, I do not answer the phone and would prefer to be left alone. I am in my room upstairs, William in the office downstairs, and Joshua in the basement. Three floors to a house and we all use one of them. I feel bad for my children. My friends want to meet me for lunch every Tuesday. So far I have gone, but I do not feel like doing that.
