So Dr. Law had a good trip. He is pleased with progress. Tonight Tracy is going to try and sleep without the vent. This is making him very very anxious. Tomorrow they are going to try and go all day without the vent and a couple more days of that and he can move to a regular room. He also is able to eat and drink liquids and soft foods. They are going to put in a different trach valve that would enable easier talking and breathing. This is as simple as pulling something out putting something in. It is not a huge deal and if he goes home with it, then I will have to know how to change the valve as well as other maintenance. Joshua will have to learn also or maybe William. Just so that if there is a problem there is always someone at our home that knows how to handle it. Dick was here today and he had nothing to say about Tracy but lots to say about himself. I now have the power to request nurses that we want for the following day. Travis or Cynthia do scheduling and they tell me who is on and I tell them who I want. It is sad that I have been hear long enough that I have some influence in decision making.
Dr. Law is so happy with progress that he sees us going home in THREE MORE WEEKS. PLEASE NO. I am going to go insane. Alan and Karen are coming up next week to help with things and I appreciate that. I can not leave Joshua alone that much and although I will not be staying every night I do not think, Tracy does want me here and Dr. Law is going to request a private room so that I am able to stay with Tracy on the regular floor.
Our goals for tomorrow are to not call the nurse unless there is a dire emergency. One of the nurses said that she saw my look of horror when Dr. Law said THREE MORE WEEKS and that perhaps if we could show that we were not requiring a lot of nursing care that the timeline could be shortened. So we will not call a nurse unless there are major blood issues.
