Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Another day

Today is its usual good things/bad things day. The good thing is that Tracy is occasionally awake enough to respond to yes or no questions such as squeeze my hand if you know who I am....he does know who I am :) and his stomach does not hurt. He did however think a dose of oxycontin would be a good thing. They might try to do another run of breathing on his own today. The blood counts are extremely slowly inching up. The bad news is that they are talking of a semi-permanent trach tube if they can not wean him, plus that he might have congestive heart failure. Neither are what we want. They would never be able to get Tracy lucid enough with the current vent in for him to help make this decision. So it would be up to Trevor and I. They did a CT scan and we are waiting on those results.