Good News: Tracy got out of bed for a bit today and sat in a chair. He had to be lifted into the chair and the whole thing was rather stressful. But he was happy that he did it. He sat for awhile but after was very very tired. His spirits this morning were good and hopeful. He says he feels better than he has since he has been into the hospital. Albium is up a little (over 2). They dropped a couple of drugs. They lowered some of the settings on the vent and he was able to handle them this morning.
Bad News: White blood count is higher, CRP is higher, RBC is lower. Dr. Law was concerned today. They have run more blood cultures but do not expect results until tomorrow. They started him on another antibiotic this morning. This evening he had lots of anxiety. He REALLY does not like for me to leave the room even for a quick bathroom break much less a trip home to shower. Everytime I have left he has had anxiety which makes his settings on the vent and his heart rate go nuts which causes the machines to beep and causes more anxiety. He is not as hopeful tonight. I hope we can sleep some tonight. And tomorrow's blood results are going in the right direction.
When I see him struggle so much to just sit in the chair, the first thing I think is what have I done to him. Were my decisions made with his best interests at heart or mine?
