Tuesday, January 27, 2009

MRSA and out of ICU

I guess i do not understand his form of MRSA. It is in the urine and although he is being treated, he will always have it and always be contagious. In ICU I had to wear a mask, gown. Here they do not require it. It does not seem to bother him physically and is not changing anything except they added an antibiotic. We did view it as a set back and his spirits low. Both of ours actually. Any improvement is hard to see and he is frustrated. Maybe soon he should have a few visitors to encourage him on. We did get moved out of ICU and the room is 339. He was a little anxious to be off of the ICU room, but maybe being in a regular ward where the nurse/patient ratio is not as high will force him to move around which is what he needs to do. I really want to be home soon. It is hard to believe it has been 29 days since we have been here.