Saturday, May 9, 2009

everything

Everything is so hard.

The grocery store. Every aisle is a glaring reminder. Strawberries...he loved them. Cereal aisle...Frosted Mini Wheats - we still have the box from when he was among the living.

Reminding myself that I do not have to check the calorie content on everything and choose the higher calorie item. Ham on sandwiches. Folgers coffee. Not so crazy about off-brand anything (and he could tell). He liked certain pickles. He preferred butter over margarine. Sharp cheese. Fruit on the bottom yogurt. Frozen vegetables over canned. Klondike bars.

When will I be able to just go to the grocery store and get through it without crying or trying really hard to not cry. It is a huge effort to not just leave. I have to push myself to just keep breathing, keep walking, keep going, don't bolt. The boys want food in the house.

When are things not going to hurt so much?