Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Going down
Dr. Law must have ESP and I do not know what I would do without him. He calls from home to check on us - truly a caring doctor. I told him basically what I told Alan and he was able to access today's blood work online. The CRP and white blood count are both up indicated inflammation of some kind. It could be bacterial or a virus. He called in a heavy duty antibiotic and it has been picked up and started on tonight. The good news is that both the red blood count and the albium both continue to rise. The albium is a general sign of over all wellness. A low albium is a bad prognostic sign and when Tracy first went into the hospital his was extremely low. Today it was very close to normal. The red blood count also had been quite low in the hospital and it also is up. I still do not like where we are at the moment. I still am scared. But my heart is not quite as heavy now that we have a plan on board. Dr. Law said to expect improvement in a day or two with this antibiotic. I hope Tracy can keep his spirits up and be able to fight for another chance.
